Friday, September 9, 2011

Day 7 - Get an interest in Pinterest

I love

www.pinterest.com is free to sign up plus it is super awesome.  Pinterest is a site that is a series of virtual bulletin boards that you can personalize to fit your needs.  It seems like a creative community to share your personal “style” in any way that you would like.  All you do is sign up and then you add a “pin it” button to your menu bar and when you are surfing the web for anything, I mean anything (one board on a user's page is dedicated to Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen)  you can just hit the “pin it”  button and add it to your board.  Once an image is “pinned”  the image is now hyperlinked so that you can always go back to it. (and let me tell you there are some website gems out there that I never would have found without Pinterest)




 I have boards dedicated to books, music, food and, of course, style.  I also just started one to keep all  of the great ideas that I find on the web for my holiday party.  It is a great resource, way better then bookmarking all of the pages that you want to remember.    You can also search other people’s Pinterest boards by searching key words.  When you find something that screams “you”,  you have the option to repin it on your own board.    It is so helpful and interesting to see what other people have found.  The fashion boards make me smile because there are so many ways to express yourself.  There are so many different websites dedicated to the world of fashion and you can sneak around other people’s style boards (and ultimately finding your own style).

I have to thank my BFF Rachel for this amazing information for this post.  She has gotten me hooked and even has a board dedicated to my style.

Believe me, once you start, you can't stop.

Here is a link to my boards:  http://pinterest.com/ryannb12/


Miss B.

No comments:

Post a Comment