Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 42 - The News

 I am pretty current on all events that occur locally, in my school district and within this great city.  I am also full of trivial facts and weird stories that come in handy on the weekends and make for interesting discussions in class.

I feel incomplete.  I know that I am lacking on national and international news, especially politics, here in our own country.  60 minutes just isn't cutting it.   I want to be an educated citizen and I think that I need to really commit to expanding my knowledge of the world around me and not just the city I live in.  With an important election on the horizon, I feel that we all need to make a decision based on the information and betterment of our country (This is in no way politically charged, just an introspective look at myself and at the knowledge that I can acquire and have not done so).

So this week, I was in the library and saw a Time magazine that was about the Occupy Wallstreet movement, an article on Herman Cain and schools made for kids that get bullied.  I figured that it was a place to start.  Such interesting stuff.  I think that I am going to commit to being informed.  I am going to gather information and make sure I am current on all things that can affect me.  You should too.


Miss B.

No comments:

Post a Comment