Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 37 - This I believe


Every year, we ask our seniors to write about something that they believe in.  And every year, I submit this to the book.  I think that it is a direct reflection of me and has some morsels to live by.
I believe in being          
random,            
unpredictable,       and         
extraordinary.


I believe that everything happens for a reason, be it good or bad, life lessons can be learned from anything.  I believe that everyone listens to a different drummer, even though you might not like the beat, you should still try to dance.  I believe that a strict schedule leads to boredom, so be spontaneous and do something unexpected.  I believe that life is short, but also fragile, so handle with care.  I believe that is healthy to eat chocolate for any or all meals.  I believe that a hard laugh and a good cry are necessary to keep things in focus.  I believe that your parents will become your best friends, even though at this time you might not believe me.  I believe that following a recipe is overrated.  I believe that there is no reason to stress over a bad haircut, it will grow back.  I believe that age is only a number, be it high or low, it is how you feel on the inside that creates eternal youth.  I believe that happiness can be achieved with simplicity, such as green grass, blowing bubbles, a hot cinnamon bun, or a brand new sweatshirt. I believe that everyone you meet touches you in a different way, it might be blurry at first, but eventually will become crystal clear.  I believe in making a life time To-Do list, scratching out and adding when necessary.  I believe that is OK for your clothes not to match and  to make your own fashion rules, which are only made to be broken the next day.  I believe that it is acceptable to leave the dishes in the sink for an extra day.  I believe that your first love will always have a piece of your heart because they were the first one to break it.   I believe that it is amazing to be surrounded by great friends, but don’t underestimate a quiet night on the couch under a blanket with a good book.  I believe that a hot day can only be cooled by an ice cream cone.  I believe that the people who do not always take the traditional paths of life are usually the most interesting.  I believe that moms are the greatest leaders and holders of wisdom, don’t waste the time you have with yours.  I believe that singing in the car is therapeutic and comical at the same time.  I believe that if laughter was currency, we would all be rich.   I believe that it is always better to give a gift than receive, especially on a random occasion for no reason.  I believe that America is a great place, but don’t forget that there is a whole world out there to explore, invest in a passport, the best textbook.  I believe that real life is way more entertaining than drama.  I believe that technology makes communication easier, but getting a letter in the mail can’t be beat.  I believe that life is a “choose your own adventure”, each choice you make has a different exciting, exhilarating ending.  I believe that you, only YOU can make our future better.  I believe that the class of ’12 can do anything that they put their brilliant minds to, Prove it. 
Miss Barr

 


Miss B.

No comments:

Post a Comment