Friday, October 7, 2011

Day 27 - Urbanspoon



I love food.  I love trying new foods and new restaurants.  A great resource for finding restaurants in any city is urbanspoon.com .  This website is a available for any city.  It also ranks restaurants in each city and neighborhood in a specific area.  Other than just an overall ranking, it breaks down by neighborhood, type, price, etc. 

My goal is to at least go to one or two of the top 10 overall in the Burgh.  As of today, I have been to only 2 (but the number 1 is Burgatory and I have frequented that place many times.  Kudos to me)

The other aspect of urbanspoon that is helpful is that anyone can write a review.  These reviews are short and sweet and not usually focusing on the food as much as the ambiance, service, and other things that you usually talk about. 

If you are visiting a city, it has a cool search called "restaurants near" which pulls all the best places from a hotel, theater, school, other landmarks.  This was helpful when I visited Atlanta (although we didn't use the suggestion, we had many options.

Check it out:  urbanspoon.com

Miss B.

No comments:

Post a Comment