Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 35 - Dear Young Women of today,

I think that this new generation doesn't understand what a great dress can do.  The connotation of "dress"  is that you only need to wear a dress to a formal event (and even then, what some young women think are "dresses"  would be a considered a shirt to me, and my dad would never let me leave the house in that small fabric swatch).  The ladies today need to understand that you can look put-together, elegant, professional, casual, and, even, sexy in a great dress, BUT it has to be the right one.  I own a lot of different types of dresses that have different patterns, represent different eras, cut in different silhouettes.  Just because the "young women stores" that you are shopping in have this item on a mannequin, does not mean that your body shape will look good in the dresses in the store.  Shop for your body, not what is in the store or trendy at that time. (My sister has also done some on the scene cultural research about the skin tight skirts that EVERYONE thinks they can wear.  Amazing research, Bianca).

Look folks, my dress fits and covers my parts.  What a find!!!


And, listen, the "number size in the tag" doesn't matter.  In your little teeny bopper stores, I sometimes wear an 8(oh a 9) or even 10 (or 11). Really?? When in real women stores I wear like a 4.    It is all arbitrary.  Who really cares?

I truly blame you Britney Spears for the sexualization of this younger generation of women.   If we are out and you have some time, ask me about it.  I have a whole thesis on this.  (but I will not get on my soapbox right now.  This blog server won't have enough memory for this rant).

Overall Grade:  B (As i walked into the building, I heard " Did a rainbow throw up on you?, Did you wrestle with Good and Plenty's and Was there a paintball game this morning?"


Sincerely, 
Miss B.

No comments:

Post a Comment