Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 46 - Navy saddle shoes and jeans???

oh no, I beeped...
All of my dress pants are long in length and must be worn with heels, hence the reason that I do not have a lot of flats.  When my sister bought me these amazing saddle shoes, I had no idea how I would be able to wear them to school.  So let's talk about tailored denim.  (A whole different ballgame from fashion denim and too many specific details to get into it now).

I bought these jeans (and yes I know it is Thursday, but I dressed it up with a suit jacket and to be clear, there is no specific rule against jeans in our dress code) at the summer outlet sale at White House/ Black Market for ...get this....$5.00.  The tag read $98.00.  What a deal.  They had a tutu for $5.00 and I look back now with regret.  I fell in love, not only because of the great price, but the fit.  Long enough, but not too long.  I highly recommend the cut too.  A little bigger in the thigh, but perfect waist size.
Old skool saddle shoes.  Brand spanking new.
I also tried a suit jacket.  We all have them and the Men's jacket is a trend, but to me, too many layers.  It just makes me feel constricted and that I am going to start sweating profusely at any moment.

Overall Grade:  A (Saddle shoes, a definite new fave..and it is 2011)

Miss B.

No comments:

Post a Comment