Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 62 - When a fan is a fan?

As most of you know, I live in Pittsburgh.  The city of bridges, the origination of the Big Mac, Home of Iron City Beer, and ecstatic sports fans.  There is something to be said about the passion that this city has for all of its teams (well, minus the Pirates).   We have the most educated female fans that buy the most gear (not that pink stuff, only black and gold here)   Heck, we had a 2 hour delay at school on the Monday after the Superbowl becasue the Steelers were in the game.  After the Steelers lost, they came out with absentee statistics and productivity reports from local business showing how the loss affected people in their jobs.  Any day of the week, someone is talking about the teams, buying the newest gear, or attending a game.  But I do pose a question:  When and where is a jersey appropriate attire?  (Especially guys).

Regardless of the season, guys can be seen anywhere with a Steeler Jersey on.  Is is appropriate attire at the local watering hole, for a guy between the ages of 21-40 to wear a Jersey on a random Saturday night out of season?  Believe me, it happens more than you think.  Come on guys, how about a golf shirt in the summer or a button down in the winter, god forbid a sweater or great jacket.  I get it, you love your team (as do I, but I am not out wearing my Steeler Jersey as a dress when I go out)  You would be the first snicker at a group of girls not dressed to a T.  I am not saying that you can never wear a Jersey, just save it for gamedays.

Miss B.

No comments:

Post a Comment